The Human Rights Commission of Malaysia (SUHAKAM) was established by Parliament under the Human Rights Commission of Malaysia Act 1999, Act 597. The Act was gazetted on 9 September 1999. The inaugural meeting of SUHAKAM was held on 24 April 2000.
1. EDITORIAL SERVICES WANTED
The Commission is currently seeking for an experienced and qualified individual to edit the Human Rights Commission of Malaysia (SUHAKAM) 2016 Annual Report (Bahasa Malaysia & English).
- Provide editorial and proofreading service for SUHAKAM’s 2016 Annual Report in Bahasa Malaysia and English. This task includes, among others, detecting and proposing corrections to errors in spelling, grammar, term usage and consistency, and content organisation.
- Improve the language, flow and readability of the report without losing the meaning of the original text.
- To reconcile the data and facts provided in graphs, schedules and other tables.
- Ensure the editorial work is completed within the deadlines given by SUHAKAM.
- Excellent in written Bahasa Malaysia and English language.
- Meticulous and an eye for detail.
- Good language skills to make a report interesting and appealing.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability work on multiple documents simultaneously.
- Familiarity with human rights subject is an added advantage.
Interested applicants are invited to submit your application together with your resume stating your profile, qualifications and experiences, and accompanied with a one or two page sample of your past editorial work (before and after editing), if available.
All applications and support documents should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com before or on 3 October 2016. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Please call at 03-2612 5698 for further inquiries.